Friday, February 26, 2010

My new genre: Semi-fictional, lo-fi documentary.

If you are reading this, you are probably extremely surprised to learn that I have been awarded the opportunity of a life time, and this blog will be the main medium used to document the process. I think it will be fun. I have a busy schedule, and I think the project, "Strange, but not Alone: a Jackdementary" will be a type of therapy, or something. I don't need therapy. I swear.
Well here it is; the reason for the blog, and the YouTube channel: I want a new challenge. You may or may not know that I spent a year, and nearly 300,000 research-grant dollars, documenting the life of Dr. Fedor Sergeievich, the miracle man himself. He was Russia's very first, "Manchine". Both of his legs were completely robotic, and he was involved in a particularly odd controversy. He wanted to have a third leg built for himself, and I was there, in the middle of it all, filming his life and the lives of his immediate family. Money ran out, and Fedor died. That was the end of that.
But I have been, as I wrote earlier, awarded the opportunity to document another interesting character. His name is Jack. You will meet him, learn about him, and watch him evolve over the course of many low budget shorts that I am working on. Hopefully keeping this project as humble and as inexpensive as possible will prolong it's life, and I may be able to finish this project.
I am doing it completely independant of any grant or loan.
I hope you enjoy Jack.
-T.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment